Saturday, June 23, 2012

Snippets of my work.






Over the last few months I have been incredibly busy with my interior work, renovating my own home and just keeping up with the demands of life, my blog has always been such a important part of daily work life but as I'm discovering not always easy to do with so many commitments to juggle.

Last week I attended the launch of Country Trader, it was one of those fabulous nights when Brisbane's design industry all got together for an evening of inspiration and great company, to be in a room of so many people I have the utmost respect for, so many of whom were my friends which added to such a fantastic night.What always seems to surprise me is how many people actually follow my blog, maybe we don't always realise just how many people may look but simply don't leave a comment because like me, they may be time poor.

I blog to inspire, to share inspiration but mostly to connect with like minded people, whilst I am perhaps a little reserved in showing off my home. I thought it was time to maybe show a few sneak peeks. I was asked why I feel that way, well maybe its because I live in a real home that's not always perfect, like many of us I can't always afford lavish artwork and antiques, (Even if i lust after them) sometimes we just have to make do! When we bought our home we seriously didn't allow for just how much renovating would actually cost and to say it has been a struggle for us is the understatement of the year. During this time we lost a child so in perfect honesty I am amazed we managed to keep it all together. This home was not a labour of love but sheer and utter survival in a very difficult time in our life, that was then and this is now. I think we have spent nearly every weekend working on our house for the last year and a half, sometimes feeling like life is passing you by, but maybe for us it was also a time of healing. I think I sometimes need to pinch myself and look back and realise we did it, as hard as it has been no glossy story here, but it was worth it. I wanted to do so much more to the interiors but maybe even us decorators have to stay with our means and settle for its good enough!

I'm happy with the outcome and whilst I drive my family crazy that I could do so much more, secretly I'm happy and truly blessed with my home. I do have a feature coming up so I have to keep it under wraps for now but thought I would share just a few snaps of my home.

19 comments:

  1. Judy, it looks amazing, but then I am a blue and white fan. Looking forward to seeing more. If I ever win the lottery I will hire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, your home looks beautiful. Have a lovely weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE blue & white.
    Show me more......pretty please?
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving to see more. I am reader. Very rarely comment. Of course the blue & white is pivotal for me.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my lovely you already know that I completely and utterly love and adore your entire house - it is stunning.

    You have all worked so very hard with the renovations and yes, I don't know how you did it under the circumstances.

    But...it is sublimely beautiful my friend.

    Keren
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks stunning Judy - can't wait to see more! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy,
    Lovely photos! Even if they are just a sneak peek! I'm in love with the wallpaper and the chippendale chairs.
    Surely it's the ability to make a space work and look like a million bucks without splurging on the lastest and greatest that makes for the most talented designer.
    Otherwise it'd be too easy!
    Love your work as always! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi happy to find you via The Pink Pagoda......any blue and white loving friend of hers is a friend of mine! I too am a huge huge fan. Love these pictures and cannot wait to see more....now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See what happens when you just go with your gut and instincts! Fabulous hon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love every single image you show us on your posts. So enjoy your blog. :)
    philippine real estate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being a lover of blue I cant wait to see the feature. It will be amazing Im sure! So sorry that you have endured so much pain. My heart aches for you. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks totally stunning, I can't wait to see more. I have followed your blog for ages, infact yours was one of the ones that inspired me to set my own hausstylish blog up a year ago. So Sorry you had such a hard year. Keep blogging though - it is true, people do read your blog, even if we don't leave comments, we always look for your inspiring photographs and words. I also assumed nobody was reading my blog either but then I got the most lovely email from someone that made my day and made me want to keep up my posts. We do read, and absorb your posts but like you say, sometimes we don't make comments because we are just time poor. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a truly lovely post dear Judy, I can relate with much of what you have talked about. Our reno has slowed down due to MOTH's health issues & my subsequent return to full time work at 56 after swanning around on part-time for years! Still I remain eternally optimistic that one day it will all be finished, just like your reno will be. I remember how excited you were when you sold up & made the move, & knowing you, that infectious enthusiasm will see you create the most beautiful house in town.
    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Judy I've just found your divine blog and this post caught my blue-loving eye. Your house is sublime. I'm so sorry to read of your loss. I'm glad doing the reno gave you some precious healing time. Waving to you from Hobart. J x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for all your beautiful comments xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Judy....Your house is so beautiful it has made me shed tears! Very inspirational, I love every room to bits. Wish I could afford to buy it...complete with every piece of furniture! Oh well....a girl can dream...can't I??

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pics are amazing! You have done a fabulous job. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very helpful article for those who wants to revamp their workstations and rooms! I fell inlove with Pottery Barn's furniture. They have wide range of furniture that is suitable for every personality, preferences of a person. I believe that beautiful workstation leads to better works.work at home

    ReplyDelete